Happy first day of fall! Autumn is always an amazing time to get out there and explore all the unique outdoor and cultural destinations that the Tar Heel State has to offer.
To celebrate this year’s Fall Equinox, we thought we’d share seven activities we have on our fall bucket list that you should try, too:
1. Take a stroll in the N.C. Museum of Art’s Museum Park.
2. Attend a DNCR fall event.
3. Take in the breathtaking fall foliage 19th century-style at Vance Birthplace.
4. Sample a heritage heirloom apple at Horne Creek Farm.
Horne Creek is home to the Southern Heritage Apple Orchard, which preserves more than 400 varieties of old southern apples. Many of those varieties are on the brink of extinction. The Annual Cornshucking Frolic in October is a great excuse to visit.
5. Find your favorite North Carolina sounds at a fall music festival.
6. Explore a different kind of fall beauty at Tryon Palace’s gardens.
Tyron palace calendar.
7. Halloween train at NC Transportation Museum.
As you begin to explore all that North Carolina has to offer this season, be sure and tune into Visit North Carolina’s website for fall foliage and fishing reports from the State Parks, and tag all your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts with #visitnc; we’ll be passing along some of our favorites.