The North Carolina Division of Land and Water Stewardship is taking steps to reduce our carbon footprint and increase sustainability. Though we do not have the large footprint of many of our sister divisions, there are still ways we can contribute by changing our workplace practices. In recent years, we have:
- replaced our copier with an efficient copier and changed the defaults to two-sided and black and white,
- gone paperless with our grant application and payment process,
- switched to tablets for the field staff to reduced paper,
- relied more on web conference meetings and trainings to reduce travel,
- encouraged our staff to use public transit to commute to and from work, and
- begun using digital signatures to save time and money on printing and postage
In future years, we anticipate increasing our efforts with more fuel-efficient vehicles and part-time teleworking to reduce fuel consumption.