Membership in the Federation assures societies of receiving timely information that may affect them and their ability to carry out the important work of their groups. Services provided to Federation members include:
- The Federation Bulletin, which is published quarterly, contains information of interest to organizations just like yours
- Mini-grants of up to $1,500 for preservation or interpretation projects
- A revolving for interest-free loans to produce books, audio-visual resources, and special programs
- Workshops to train members to build their historical organizations' capacities
- Awards to recognize local history excellence and a high school teacher involved with National History Day
Most importantly, you should join because you and your organization would be a valuable asset to us. Sharing your abilities and resources can help other organizations in the state. Together the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources and our public and private partners statewide can work effectively to preserve, interpret, and promote history in North Carolina.
Annual memberships are $25.00, and credit card payments can be accepted through Paypal with an additional $1.25 surcharge. New organizations can join by downloading an application and mailing it or by filling out the form below and paying online. Renewing members may pay with this direct link.
Download the membership application or complete the fields below.